Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Visiting Austin: Planning the Trip

Dan and I had been talking about visiting Austin since the last time we went was in 2008. I actually went to school in Texas, so Austin always feels like home. I still have many friends who live there. A couple months ago I got a message from one of my good friends that he would be having a wedding reception in August asked if I could come. We both thought this would be the perfect reason to visit Austin, so we started looking for tickets and hotel.

Downtown Austin

We booked with Southwest Airlines since they are actually the only airline that flies non-stop between San Jose and Austin. We used points for Dan's ticket and paid for mine. We were going for a total of 3 days and 2 nights, and I was having trouble trying to narrow down my food options. :) We got some great recommendations from our friends and you'll see how much we ate during this trip!

For hotel, I originally wanted to stay at the new Westin at the Domain since they had a pretty reasonable rate and the hotel was quite new. I casually browsed for other options and found this really great rate at the Courtyard Marriott. I am usually not a Courtyard fan since their properties are typically very old and not that great. However out of curiosity I checked the reviews for this particular Courtyard that had a $80 nightly rate. To my surprise, the reviews were great and the property looked quite new and the style was a bit more modern than the typical Courtyard. I was going back and forth between the Westin and Courtyard, but the $80 rate was just too good to pass up. Plus, Marriott was still running their stay 2 get 1 night free promotion, so we decided to book the Courtyard.

We were really looking forward to this trip of visiting friends and eating some good food!

Here's the breakdown of our trip:

Planning the Trip
Courtyard Marriott Austin Parmer North
Food in Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment