Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chicago Anniversary Trip: Chicago Architecture Tour

This is a continuation of our Chicago Anniversary trip. You can find the full trip itinerary here. 

We pre booked the Chicago Architecture Tour online which actually cost $6 extra/ticket thanks to Ticketmaster fees. Looking back we should have just ordered via will call and picked up once we got there.


The tour was by the Chicago Architecture Foundation. There were actually a couple other river boats that also do similar tours, but I heard this was the better one.


We sat upstairs, so we could see the views of the buildings. The weather was a bit chilly though, so toward the end of the tour we had to seek refuge downstairs.



This was my third time actually in Chicago, but I had never seen Chicago from the river, and it actually did look very different and was a really great way to see the city. Our guide was very informative and explained the different architecture styles and the history of almost every building!!



I don't remember much actually since it's been too long, hehe, but it was a great way to spend our afternoon and I would highly recommend it! I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking. :)


Next Post: Dinner at Alinea

1 comment:

  1. I did this tour a few years ago with Mrs. Weekly Flyer (before I locked it up). Was a great tour and way to spend the 1/2 day in the sun.

    ReplyDelete